We had a good weekend. We made 5 runs and then we had a flat tire, so this was the end and we went back Sunday already. New personnel best: 9.3 secs and 249 kmh. The track was only reasonable (Airfield), and not enough traction when the turbo comes in. That’s where we are losing time. But we are optimistic, (almost!) all the improvements we made this winter did work: the new cooling system does it’s work and water temp never passed 100 degrees Celsius, the brakes conversion did also work as we expected. The thermo tape which we put around the down pipe to cool down the intake temperature, did not work and despite it can hold 800 degrees Celcius it started to burn and we had to remove it. We have to focus now on the ecu software, and try to understand it. That is our next goal, because we have to regulate the amount of boost the turbo produces.
The Taunus was a real crowd puller, because the original Taunus was built in Germany. We got applause when we did beat an american monster with a 622 c.i. engine! Also the massive burn outs the Taunus makes are cool!
Blow off valve:
Massive burn out: